Friday, May 7, 2010

Rules...

Okay, nowadays, many people are trying to make and rebel against rules for everything. These rules apply almost everywhere, but especially at school.
Rules like "No PDA," (No public display of affection) "No gum chewing," and the one I hate the absolute most, "The No Tolerance Rule." The No Tolerance Rule simply states that if someone hurts you in any way, you don't have the right to hit them back, you have to go and cry about it to a teacher. I don't feel this is right. I was brought up thinking that if someone hits me, I should have the right to hit them twice as hard.
I am bringing this up because of something that happened today at school. This guy has been picking on everyone that gets in his way by pushing them around, teasing, and acting like he's something special. He's no more important than the rest of us. The teachers know that he causes trouble, yet they do nothing about it. He will push me around and tease me every single day, no exaggerations. After about seven months of this, I finally cracked, and I attacked him. The P.E. teacher brought me to the side and asked why I hadn't told him before. I told him that every teacher in this damn school knows that he does this, and they do nothing about it. Many people try to take it, and just ignore it. I can't take that for seven months, so I felt I should do something. He's one of the worst kids in the school, and he is never punished. All they do is threaten.
All I'm trying to say, is that if teachers complain so much about kids acting up, why don't they change some rules and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment