Monday, April 19, 2010

Yay... Testing... :/

Well, CRCT (Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests) starts tomorrow. I've been thinking, and I hate the pressure that tests like that put on students. The amount of pressure causes students to do even worse on the test, thus making averages low, making us fail. Teachers are always telling us stuff like, "This test will count for 90% of your grade!", or one I hear a lot, "You need to know this material for later in life!" Most of the stuff they're teaching in eighth grade will only help me if I'm a scientist or teacher. My dream for a career is to be a journalist, and I don't think 7(8x + 50) is going to help me in a column one day. I'm just saying. With this being the case, I believe that in all grades, first to twelfth, you should be able to choose your classes, and not just in high school. But, the school board won't listen to me, just like they never let kids and teens voice their opinions. This is what I believe, if you have a problem with it, I don't really give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment