Thursday, April 8, 2010

Confusion

If there's one thing I've learned over the past six months, it's to cherish your friends. Don't take them for granted. Spend all the time you can with them. Because they could be taken from you at any time, or you could be separated from them. You could lose one for good, or you could move away like I did, or anything else.


You see, I'm a fourteen year old guy who lives in Georgia at the time. I haven't always lived in Georgia, though. About six months ago, back in late October, I was ripped away from my home, the home I cherished. I lived in California. I had awesome friends there, my school was great, I fit in everywhere I went. The summer before that, I had visited Georgia since my mom has family here. We had an awesome time, but my mom had told me, "You know, we are moving here soon. I don't know when, but I know we are." At the time, I thought she had been bluffing or joking. Boy, was I wrong. Three months later, we were packing up for me & my mom to move to Georgia. My dad told me he was staying behind so that my mom could get a job and house set up, so we could have a good income coming in when we had everything and everyone out here. The estimate for him to be out there was until January. It's April now, and there's still no sign of him moving out here. I feel he may never come out.


I have made friends here in Georgia, and I still have all my friends in California. But I miss my friends, home, school, and most importantly, my father. Recently, I talked to my dad on the phone, and he said if he can't get out to Georgia soon, he may have to go back to where we were living. (He started living with his parents after we moved, so we could have it easier on the budget.) I have also been planning on visiting California in summer. After he told me that he could be getting a place there, I thought, "This could be a sign. I'm meant to live in California." I've been thinking about it, and I would love to move back, but if I do, I'd be abandoning new friends here in Georgia. If I stay, I may never get to see my friends in California again. It seems like no matter where I am, someone will miss me, I'll miss someone, and I won't be happy. I've been told, "Just do what you want." What I want is to have everything the way it was six months ago, but keep my friends both places. I want my parents to be back together. I just want happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment