Monday, April 12, 2010

Friends and How They Can Change You

I just came back from seeing Clash of The Titans, and I went with a lot of my friends. The movie was great, but I'm not going to be talking about the movie in this post. I'm going to talk about my friends here in Georgia, and how they changed me from the anti-social California kid I once was.
People say that the people you hang out with affects the person you become in life. I totally agree with that. People have said that the people I hang out with are weird, thus making me weird. Let me ask you, would you rather be calm, laid-back, and have people like you because of that? Or would you rather be wild, fun-loving, and have people like you for that? I don't know about you, but I would like to be wild and fun-loving.
When I first moved to Georgia and went to my new school, I just laid low, and hoped nobody would talk to me. I feared that if I made friends here in Georgia, I might forget the friends I have in California. Basically, I talked to nobody, interacted with nobody, and just lived out my day. Then I realized, "I won't make it through the year if I don't have somebody to talk to." So I talked to a couple of people, and eventually, got some friends. For the longest time, I only had one or two friends in the whole school. Then I was placed in the Gifted English/Reading Class. That did wonders for my friendships to grow! Six months ago, I had no friends. Presently, I have some of the best friends anybody could have, plus I have awesome friends on the other side of the country in California. I thank God for the people he has put in my life. If I didn't have them, I don't know what I would do.
------><------

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God George that is wonderfully kind! I really didn't realize how much this whole friendship thing was affecting you. That is so sweet and I am proud to say I am one of those friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Holly and I know this is gonna be under Tori but it's me. That is quite possibly one of the awesomest and most sweet thing I have ever read. I have to admit I never looked at how it must have felt to move all across the country in depth. I understand your plight and I am so so happy that I am a friend of yours that has made your move a little better! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete